We don’t police or moderate every post. We believe this encourages more people to contribute. This means that as a registered member of CFCommunity, your comment or post will be published directly to the site without moderation. It will only be removed if we or others find it offensive.
This self-moderation means that we may need to be made aware of any content which is breaking our house rules. If you come across anything which you think is going against what we believe in, you can notify one of our moderators by reporting the content.
Here are our house rules for using CFCommunity.net:
- Help each other out. We’ve all been the newbie and it can be scary. If you’re new, make sure you call into the speakeasy and say hi. If you’re not so new, be sure to welcome the newcomers!
- Keep it friendly. You’re bound to come into contact with people with different opinions. If you disagree with someone, please do so in a calm and respectful manner. We will remove any member who we feel is harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening or aggressive. That’s not what we’re about. There’s no place for it here.
- Don’t forget the magic word/s. It’s nice to be nice, right? If you’d like to directly message another member, don’t forget to introduce yourself first. You’re more likely to get a reply if you’ve explained who you are first.
- This isn’t Craigslist. Please don’t use our website to promote products or services from which you will be making money. By all means, tell other CFers about a mucus thinning product which you feel has relieved your symptoms. But if you’re the person who invented that mucus thinning product, that’s not so great.
- No two are the same. We expect people to talk about medical experience and drug choices, however we will not tolerate promotion of one drug or therapy over another. Feel free to provide information, but please let people come to their own conclusions. Please don’t tell people that they have chosen the wrong treatment, or that yours is best.
- Be you. You don’t have to use your real name as your username and you don’t have to have a photo of yourself as your profile picture. But please don’t deliberately imitate someone else, either real or imaginary. That could get you into a lot of trouble.
- Keep it clean. Posts can contain links, but please don’t link to websites you wouldn’t show to your grandma.
- Ask permission. Please respect people’s privacy. Make sure you have the consent of all the people you feature in any video or image you submit and don’t post other people’s personal details. For further details on video guidelines see http://uk.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines
- Finally, don’t be shy. Provided you follow the rules above, you can talk about whatever you want. Being surrounded by many people in the same situation as yourself, you can be sure someone out there will understand.
We want to develop a friendly, safe, and vibrant community where people feel they can express their opinions without fear of personal attack.
We have a warning system in place for anyone breaking the ground rules above. Persistent rule breakers will be banned. We reserve the right to use our discretion on who is banned.
Stuff we really don’t like
Please take what’s written below seriously and take them to heart. Don’t try to look for loopholes and try to respect the spirit in which they were created.
Nudity or sexual content
CF Community is not for pornography or sexually explicit content. If this describes your content, don’t post it on CF Community.
Harmful or dangerous content
Don’t post content that encourage others to do things that might cause them to get badly hurt, especially kids. content showing such harmful or dangerous acts will be removed and will get you banned.
We don’t support content that promotes or condones violence against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, veteran status or sexual orientation/gender identity, or whose primary purpose is inciting hatred on the basis of these core characteristics. This can be a delicate balancing act, but if the primary purpose is to attack a protected group, the content crosses the line.
Violent or graphic content
It’s not okay to post violent or gory content that’s primarily intended to be shocking, sensational or gratuitous. If posting graphic content in a news or documentary context, please be mindful to provide enough information to help people understand what’s going on in. Don’t encourage others to commit specific acts of violence.
Harassment and cyberbullying
It’s not OK to post abusive content and comments on CF Community. If harassment crosses the line into a malicious attack it can be reported and will be removed. In other cases, users may be mildly annoying or petty and should be ignored.
Spam, (paid) promotion and scams
Everyone hates spam. Don’t create misleading content in order to drive traffic to your site, no matter it’s cause. It’s not okay to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content, including comments and private messages.
Respect copyright. Only upload content that you made or that you’re authorised to use. This means don’t upload content that you didn’t make, or use content in your content that someone else owns the copyright to, such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programs or content made by other users, without necessary authorisations.
Accounts that are established to impersonate another individual will be removed immediately.
If someone has posted your personal information of you without your consent, you can request removal of content by using the report button, we will take action as soon as we can.